US Man Dies After Vape Pen Explodes, Severing Major Artery

US Man Dies After Vape Pen Explodes, Severing Major Artery

Kerry Wise
February 7, 2019

On Jan. 29, William reportedly went to a local vaping store, Smoke & Vape DZ.

An e-cigarette is being blamed for the death of a Fort Worth man, CBS Dallas reports.

"Now he's got a new address in heaven", Alice Brown said. A Kansas man sued a Wichita vaper shop a year ago after he said the spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in the front pocket of his trousers.

William Eric Brown "had a future ahead of him; a life ahead of him", Alice Brown remarked to the station about her grandson.

"That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there, and that's what (physicians) should have taken out as soon as they got to the hospital, and they made a decision to wait until Monday or Tuesday", Alice Brown said.

Brown is not the first person to have his death attributed to a vape explosion. Furthermore, Alice told the Star-Telegram that she did manage to find the pen's battery, which still had the serial number, when searching her auto.

He died several days later after doctors had difficulty removing a three-inch piece of jagged metal from his head, she said.

Pelosi says Trump not paying heed to intelligence advisers
President Trump is adamant that a few of the biggest threats to the USA are along our southern border, and in Iran. He wrote: "The Intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naive when it comes to the dangers of Iran".

In a statement, the hospital said it could not discuss case specifics due to privacy laws, but added it "will take family concerns seriously as we review all that transpired".

There were 195 separate e-cigarette fire and explosion incidents in the United States reported by the media between 2009 and 2016, according to a report by the US Fire Administration.

In May, Florida authorities investigated the death of a 38-year-old man named Tallmadge D'Elia, who suffered multiple injuries to his face.

The death certificate says he died from cerebral infarction and herniation after debris from the exploding vape pen dissected his left carotid artery.

He was rushed by ambulance to a JPS Health Network hospital in Fort Worth where he was x-rayed and put in a medically induced coma.

A more recent study, done in part by Dennis Thombs, dean of the School of Public Health at the University of North Texas Health Science Centre, showed that e-cigarette injuries are widely underreported across the nation.

According to his grandmother, the 24-year-old had only bought the e-cigarette moments before it exploded.