Woman found alive inside morgue fridge after being declared dead

Woman found alive inside morgue fridge after being declared dead

Kerry Wise
July 4, 2018

A South African woman has been discovered alive in a morgue shortly after being declared dead in a vehicle crash.

The woman, whose name has not been released, had been declared deceased and taken to the morgue after a pileup outside Carletonville, near Johannesburg, on June 24 after her auto rolled, throwing her and two other occupants from the vehicle and killing two, AFP reported.

The victim has not been named, but the BBC reports that her family is demanding answers because, thus far, they say authorities have offered them no "clarity" regarding how the massive mistake was made.

Gerrit Bradnick, operations manager of Distress Alert ambulance services, whose medics were at the scene, said there was no proof of negligence by his company.

The woman was said to have no form of life but when a morgue attendant when to check her, she found her alive.

A South African woman is recovering in hospital after being discovered alive in a mortuary fridge.

Supporters of Pres. Trump steadfast despite immigration uproar
That is more politically hospitable ground for Republicans, who already face challenging mid-term congressional elections. Perhaps more importantly, 70 percent of women disapprove, according to a Quinnipiac University poll taken June 14-17.

"As a family we won't talk about this unless the police, paramedics and the mortuary officials who were involved are present".

The statement said mortuary staff in Carletonville, near Johannesburg, had been called to the accident scene to collect bodies of people declared dead by responders from a private emergency service.

A woman in South Africa is being treated in hospital after being found alive inside a morgue fridge.

But other forensic doctors started to hear noises coming from him and realised he was still alive.

In 2016, another road accident victim was found breathing in a state morgue in KwaZulu Natal province after he was declared dead by first responders, a local media reported. Seven years ago, a 50-year-old man woke up screaming after spending almost 24 hours in an Eastern Cape morgue.