Cowboys RB Elliott suspended after court denies emergency motion

Cowboys RB Elliott suspended after court denies emergency motion

Javier Howell
November 10, 2017

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott had his latest legal motion denied by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in NY on Thursday, meaning his six-game National Football League suspension is back in effect.

The NFL handed down Elliott's suspension August 11 after a yearlong investigation into accusations of domestic violence in Ohio. In that case, Elliott would miss the Cowboys' home game against the Eagles on November 19 and would be eligible to return for the season finale, a December 31 game at Philadelphia.

This is a developing news story.

The Elliott suspension has been weaving through the courts since he was ordered in August to serve the ban for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Puerto Rico gov seeks to cancel $300M Whitefish contract
He said in a statement Friday, "I had absolutely nothing to do with Whitefish Energy receiving a contract in Puerto Rico". The contract states that "Prepa hereby represents and warrants that Fema has reviewed and approved of this Contract".

The NFL Players Association has reportedly told ESPN that Elliott will not play "while we argue".

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension is back on.

But the three-judge panel on Thursday sided with the NFL after hearing oral arguments from league lawyers and the NFLPA. Salary-cap wise, Elliott's suspension changes the financial landscape of both the player and the team. The collective bargaining agreement between the National Football League and NFLPA affords commissioner Roger Goodell the power to make decisions on suspensions. That wasn't the case early last week when the 22-year-old was suspended until Friday after a judge rejected his request for a second injunction.

But as of this moment, Elliott will not be allowed to play in the 5-3 Cowboys' game against the Falcons on Sunday.